‘The Bridge Active Play SEND Project’ provides a safe, inclusive, welcoming play space for disabled children, siblings, parents, and carers to get out and active. In partnership with Pro-infinity Coaching and Tiptoes and Tappers we deliver weekly multi-skills sport and dance sessions. An inclusive and sensory experience to promote physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. The project reaches out to families across London and beyond and is nurturing a very supportive caring community. A forum for parents and carers to share experiences, create friendships and connect. A space for children with disabilities their friends and extended family to get active, have fun, be healthy and PLAY. We recognise and celebrate every child as an individual. The sessions are tailored to each child’s individual needs. The expectation and hope is that the children and families have fun and a positive experience being active. The play space is free flow, and the children choose to participate in the activity or to free play.
* To breakdown the multiple barriers children with a disability face. These children absolutely need to be active.
* To facilitate play and activity for children with disabilities.
* To employ professionally trained coaches and a team who are committed to support disabled children with different ability levels.
* To offer the opportunity for disabled children to access outdoor and indoor play spaces.
* To provide a warm, inclusive place for disabled children and their families to be.
* To provide a space for parents and carers to connect, creating a mutually supportive community.
* To promote physical social and emotional wellbeing.
* To contribute to building strength, resilience, and self-esteem.
* To support children with disability reach their true potential
We ask families to contribute £5 per family for the sessions, this will be paid directly to The Bridge (card only) and will go towards funding the sessions for the future.
You just have to fill this form out once and then we will keep an attendance register each week. Please fill the details on the form on behalf of your child, there is the opportunity to add extra siblings.
Your information will be kept and used in line with Access Sports GDPR policy, which you can find out more information on our website www.accesssport.org.uk/policies
Any other questions, please contact [email protected] or [email protected]