Are you looking to set up a business involving either adults or children but something keeps stopping you? Or perhaps you want to diversify or grow your existing business?
Whether it’s money, lack of premises or lack of confidence, The Bridge is running a competition to help remove some of those stumbling blocks to get your business off the ground.
The Bridge, www.thebridgegreenwich.co.uk, is a local community centre situated in East Greenwich Pleasaunce and is looking to offer a local business (new or existing) FREE use of its hall for up to 3.5 hours on a Thursday afternoon (between 11.30am and 3pm) for up to six week between May and August 2015.
We are asking interested participants to complete the New Business entry form, before, 17 April 2015, telling us about your business idea, business plan and why you are entering the competition.
The competition winner will be announced on Monday 4th May 2015 and will enjoy the following prizes:
– FREE use of The Bridge facilities before September 2015 for up to six weeks ensuring the winner minimal financial outlay.
– New business advice from our panel of local business experts
– Initial marketing support to help promote the winner’s business via the following outlets:(though long term marketing, once the business is established will be the responsibility of the business owner). – Email to our database (850+ local families) – Facebook- nearly 800 individuals linked to our page and 520 twitter followers – On-site marketing including posters and leaflets – nearly 4000 families came through our doors just for play and stay sessions in 2014.
About the space:
– The hall is 55m2 and can be cleared completely if required.
– We have crash mats and a large rug if needed.
– There is a small kitchen area, an office and toilet facilities (one adult, two childrens).
– Outside is a large playground and grassy banks
– We have one tressle table (adult sized), two pop up desks attached to the wall and smaller children’s tables and chairs. We would also consider investing in some larger tables for adults for the right business.
Entrants are welcome to come and look around the space during any of the stay and play sessions – Tues 10-2.30, Wed 10-2.30 or Friday 10-12 – just make yourself known to a volunteer. Photos are on our website http://www.thebridgegreenwich.co.uk/hire-the-bridge/party-gallery/
What’s in it for The Bridge: Sounds too good to be true? The centre is currently empty on a Thursday afternoon between 11.30am and 3pm (currently the only available daytime slot). As a community interest company our outlook and ethos is all about the community and giving back. All profit is invested back into the centre. If after six weeks the winning business is successful in attracting paying participants and makes enough profit to cover rental of the space then the business can then continue as a paying client for at least a further six weeks at £15 per hour (rising to £20 if the business becomes established). The space will then be available on an ongoing basis to that business if desired.
Who’s judging? There will be a panel of judges:
– Eve Daniels – Chair of The Bridge
– Holly Morgan – Owner of the Holly Tree After School Club
– Raeleen Hutchinson – Director of the Bridge. 20 years experience of running her own business
– Julia Scoble – Creation Station, Blackheath and Greenwich
Categorised in: Uncategorized