The Bridge is a Community Interest Company (Social Enterprise and not for profit) and is led and run by a small army of volunteers, without whom we wouldn’t exist.
Recently funds have allowed us to formally employ two paid part-time Managers, Raeleen Hutchinson dealing with internal operations and Ruth Cracknell with the external operations, gardening club, grounds and Forest School activities. These two ladies run the centre on a day to day basis, however, all other roles are staffed by volunteers. This includes our Directors, Play and Stay session leaders and Treasurer/Accountant who all give their time for free. The Bridge is 100% CIC (Community Interest Company) as any funds or profits go back into the centre for running costs and improvements.
"I plucked up the courage to get more involved and took on a volunteer role at The Bridge. It gave me my confidence back, I have met many life long friends, so has my son and I went on to learn many things about myself, to achieve so much more and really get involved and understand my community" - Eve Daniels, mother of four
We are always looking for more help and support so that we can continue to provide important services to our local community and improve the facilities at the Bridge.
Just some of the reasons our volunteers give up their time are to:
- Transform a community and make a real long-term difference
- To work as part of a team and meet lots of other people in the community
- Learn new skills and boost career option
- Be motivated and gain a fantastic sense of achievement
- Do something fantastic with your spare time with a commitment that suits you – our roles range from 2.5 hours during the day once a week (play and stay leaders) to a couple of hours in the evening (for admin support) to a meeting in the pub once a quarter (Director)
- Be an integral part of the community
If you would like to volunteer please go to our Volunteers Page.